Thursday, October 24, 2013

Up Up and Away Again!

Back to work four hours later :) I am inspired by today's The Book of Awakening passage. It's called "The Way  Things Are" and asks you to let go of the addiction to better ourselves and be content with you have. The exercise at the end of the passage asks that, "As you exhale, feel the soreness around all you want. As you inhale, feel the mystery at center where nothing is lacking." Reading this I am reminded that I have the most amazing life in front of me at the moment. Even in the very present, with no sleep and what barely feels like a paper, I can look at all that I have learned and had in the past 24 hours. I have learned so much about a topic I am passionate about. I have done so much research and worked really hard. I have had the companionship of the most brilliant young minds in the world who also struggle at times like this. So I am going to look at the day with acceptance and gratefulness for what I have been able to do and appreciate every little more thing I can accomplish today. It is all a miracle. I am reminded of the times I have been sick and my Daddy comforts me by telling me, "Ari, anything you can do today is an accomplishment. Just try and do each little thing you can, tell yourself that, and you will feel better." Well, there are many kinds of sickness. My sickness today is stress, sleep deprivation, and procrastination. But I will take that advice to heart and also claim that you don't even need to have a sickness at hand to accept those words of advice. Be grateful today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment