Monday, October 21, 2013

Thoughts to be considered (An Academic Episode)

I was doing my weekly current event for communications on selfies and thought I should maybe share the article and my short commentary one it with those who see many of my selfies. Share you thoughts as well! I love that I get to share bits and pieces of my life through this blog but one part I really don't like is the fact that its one-sided communication. I never get to hear what anyone thinks, whether anyone is reading the blog, or how everyone else is doing. It's not a conversation and I really wish it was. Anyway, I also feel silly taking so many pictures of myself. It makes me feel vain and self-conscious and I do feel like I am interrupting the activity that I am doing so that is why I definitely don't agree with a lot of what the article says. The link is to my one pager on it and inside the one page you can link to the original article. For those who don't know what a selfie is, ask you children.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N1t4YLI_UUAWIgRtPmQJGhOC7Pwps0FV4zi9P3uXcug/edit?usp=sharing

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about a blog feeling like one directional communication. But there are a number of us out here who love reading it. I had a rough day today, and reading your blog was just what I needed. You cheered me up. I love you and keep writing sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you had a rough day :( I am glad this makes it better. It's kinda like reverse Schadenfreude!

    ReplyDelete