One of the traditions at Stanford is doing a Scavenger Hunt in San Francisco with your freshman dorm. Overall the experience is extremely fun but way too exhausting. Trying to move afterwards seemed the biggest chore in the world. Here are some highlights of the fun. I don't have any good pictures of the pain I am still in and recovering from. It was caused by walking the entire day and most of it was straight up hill as well as some of the activities. ("When I was on a Scavenger Hunt in San Fran as a kid, I walked the whole city, uphill both ways!")
Here is our team's team mascot, Mary Jane.
Jacob is driving the cable car and the rest of us are riding it.
We spelled out C-Luv (our dorm house name is Cedro) in the grass near Fisherman's Warf with our bodies.
I wrote our dorm house name in Ghiradelli hot fudge on my arm. And I left it on there the rest of the day.
We sampled Pumpkin Spice Caramel Chocolate in Ghiradelli square. It was so amazing :)
We found the homeless guy with the smile sign. (We were supposed to find the guy who stands at the front of the Golden Gate Bridge but that was way too long of a walk and we didn't have time to make it there. The story goes that someone wrote a suicide not before jumping off the Golden Gate that if someone smiled right at him before he got onto the bridge then he wouldn't jump and no one smiled at him. So, now there is someone there to always tell you to smile.)
This is me Cartwheeling down Lombard Street :) Definitely a once in a lifetime experience and my favorite part of the scavenger hunt. It was my number one on the to do list. To get there also required going up the most hills so my team hated me for it.
Jacob got his armed signed by a police officer.
And then got arrested...
One of the challenges was to be on TV. This is a Turkish reporter in front of Lombard street.
Pretending to be Abercrombie and Fitch models
Being fish out of water on Fisherman's Warf
Giving a child a flower... and we succeeding in not being creepy
kissing a sailor... or a pirate :)
Getting kissed by a silver person... too much kissing?... I guess it's college
Serenading a Street Vendor
Fitting as many people as we can into a Green toilet.
Michael carried Ari up the steep hills of San Fran... C-Love!!!
And.... in return... Ari carried Michael up the next hill. After setting Michael down, I swear I felt weightless and like I could fly. It was amazing :) The experience was unlike any other. I swear... it was so much fun :)
We advertised See's candies inside Ghiradelli square
Got our fortunes told with Zoltar
I was hiding from this picture... almost... but this was very openly slaughtered fish. There was live fish inside... just a lot of fish in general I guess.
I think this one explains itself
Defeat the bears! (Stanford's rival is Berkley and their mascot is the bears)
Michael proposed to a woman outside of Tiffany Co.
At Pier 39 (where are the seals gather), we protested for saving the fish. And a man joined in with us advocating for eating the seals.
I thought it would be more efficient to roll down the hills rather than walk. It totally worked :)
Disney movies are still popular in college :)

No comments:
Post a Comment