Everyone kept telling me that I needed to go visit my professors during office hours. Today, I tried to visit my PWR professor but I could find his office (it turns out he moved offices and I wasn't there at the time that he made that announcement). So before my first CS section I sat here to study for a bit.
One of the best things about college is that there is always a new perfect place to study. The libraries have these beautifully lit rooms (I will get a picture soon), my room is so cozy, the dorm lounge has supportive people ready to tell you you can get through your assignment, and campus is filled with picture perfect scenes of red roofs and palm trees.
When I was younger, palm trees were always a sign of being close to home. It wasn't until the months before I left Albuquerque that I really started to truly love it. But I do. I really love my hometown. Though I do still call it my hometown. My home is more where my family is. Other than my immediate family (and they really really matter so let's not put them down), being around my relatives in California was where I was really myself. That's why I came to California in the first place. Palm trees were always a clear signal of this feeling of home. Driving from Abq to Cali, the palm trees meant we were getting closer. I could never take my eyes off them. I looked for them and always wanted one. Now I have them all around me and I am just trying not to get used to it so that I can always have that same appreciation for them and my family.

No comments:
Post a Comment