Sunday, October 6, 2013

Birthday girl!

The tradition for someone's birthday here is to shower them. Not with gifts, but literally being thrown into the shower. This was my experience at 12am on October 6th. Very fun and wet and exciting. Then I immediately went to bed because I haven't been getting enough sleep recently.

The next morning I woke up and had a poem written to me by my twin, Kaya.



Then I went to brunch. Everyone stood in line for me and got me crepes and biscuits and smoothies. They even cleaned up all my plates :)

I talked with my family back home and was sorry to hear about the troubles they were going through. It pains me that I can't be at home taking care of them.

After some studying (but I won't say any more about that), I worked out with Kaya. Getting exercise always makes me happier. I went to Tea with the PHE which is a weekly event of snacks and sweets and tea with our resident Peer Health Educator. Then I studied some more before dinner.

I saw Despicable Me 2 at the Cubberley Auditorium and so I was able to laugh and have some fun before studying some more on my birthday.

Finally, one of the guys in my dorm ordered me CREAM!! Cream is an amazing ice cream sandwich place in downtown Palo Alto. Mine was coconut ice cream in between two white chocolate macadamia nut cookies :) AMAZING!!

Then some more schanagans and I finally got the shirt I won from Thomas for a pool bet! Betting shirts in pool is a common occurrence in the dorm and Thomas and Nick even have a shirt trophy case to display their winnings. So it was pretty awesome for me to get a shirt from Thomas. Plus, Thomas is an offensive lineman on the Stanford football team... so he is a pretty big guy and that is a big trophy shirt to win which I am now displaying in my dorm room for everyone to see!

6 comments:

  1. I don't get it. If you lost the best, what Tshirt would you have given to Thomas? If you lose a bet now, do you give Thomas' Tshirt to someone, or a Tshirt of yours? I'm so confuuuuused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Kaya's poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had lost the bet I would have given Thomas one of my shirts. If I lose bet to Thomas where we are betting shirts, then I give Thomas back his shirt. People can win back other people's T-shirts for them. So I could play Nick and if he wins and I give him Thomas' shirt, then he gives Thomas his shirt back upon his discretion I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaya has you to a tee! At least the Ari I knew back in ABQ :-) Great poem! She should join our rap family team!!!!

    ReplyDelete