Wednesday, February 12, 2014

PHEbruary Day 12

Go for a walk. Walk for exercise, clarity, or as a social break with your friends. Find one of the following on campus:

  • Magnolia Trees - There's like three on campus and they're beginning to get all pretty and pink and spring like.
  • Cactus Garden - thee cooliest. watch out for the lizards. They like to stick to people for some odd reason. Or may be it's just me.
  • Kingscote Garden - very serene place smack in the middle of campus. Complete with koi pond (that currently have like zero koi...but is still serene and probably a lot greener in the spring but it's not like this place has real seasons anyway so I'm sure it's still green ok plus i etched my name in a bench so if you find that that would be like total extra credit not vandalism by the way it's art)
  • One of two parks in the faculty neighborhood (also very serene, and has a great view of the bay if you can climb relatively short trees)
  • Hanna House - Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright here on campus. The house has no right angles. Obtuse is neat.
  • Whisper Circle - easiest to find. Stand in the center and whisper out loud and see what happens!

I took a long walk out to the Arizona Cactus Garden between my section and class. It was a beautiful walk down Palm Dr.  past the Oval and main campus. It was really nice because it almost felt as though I was getting off campus for a moment, removing myself from the stressful midterms of the crazy winter quarter. Plus, the cactus garden reminded me of the landscape of New Mexico and the love and support that I have at home. Overall, I think it contributed brilliantly to my health, especially at the moment. 

The highlight might have been when I was walking down the center of the Oval and there was a little girl, around the age of two, standing on a bench facing me. When she saw me she started waving, I waved back, and then she smiled. This moment made me so happy almost to the point of tears.

Maybe I am too emotional right now, but I don't really care :)




No comments:

Post a Comment