Friday, February 14, 2014

9:20 in San Fran - Valentine's Day

Last night, Swingtime rolled out to a social swing dancing event in San Fran called 9:20. It was a really big event with a couple hundred dancers and an amazing live band.

I miss social swing dancing here so much. I absolutely had the time of my life. It felt so good to dance. I love the feeling of letting go and just following whatever my partner has in store for me. There were incredible dancers at the event, it was amazing to dance with some of them. Social swing dancing has impacted me so much this past year. It was so nice to be reminded of that and feel the relaxation and joy I get from the experience. I say relaxation though it really was a good workout. I was there for about 2 1/2 hours and only sat out one song the entire night. It was so crowded and hot and sweaty, but I didn't mind one bit.

I hope it isn't long before I can go again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment