Friday, December 13, 2013

I am done.

This morning I took my communications final and I just submitted my final paper for my Research Based Argument assignment for PWR. I am so relieved to be done. This afternoon will be filled with chillin (as Thomas says). Plus, doing laundry, packing, returning books, and cleaning. I am excited for all of it though because my brain can finally rest.

If you are interested, I attached my final paper below. It is lengthy, but I believe many of you would find it very interesting. I analyze the impact of Twitter on politics. My argument is that despite the fact that Twitter has increased participation, the hopes of online communication benefitting the ideal of an educated and informed Democracy have failed. Instead, Twitter enhances a less logical view of politics and the increase in participation is only due to people feeling more involved in the process. As a result, Twitter continues the trend of Democracy being more about winning elections than educated people making decisions that are for their best interest.

https://docs.google.com/a/stanford.edu/document/d/1laPQ6kJZZMyMiYAYqGG2NrVuNMhu5ycE8RhXfQ9U49U/edit

No comments:

Post a Comment