Saturday, June 7, 2014

Biology Senior Art Reflections


When Sarah and I came back back from ice cream on Friday, we stopped in Wallenberg Hall to see her friends Senior Art Reflection for biology. In addition, I discovered many other beautiful pieces of art, some of which are depicted below.


Above is Sarah's friends' project. It is a whale made out of wood that is gathered from beaches around the bay area.


The panel above is a part of an entire graphic novel about a disease that is not well known but effects many people in underdeveloped countries. That is just an incredible project. 


I loved this piece. It was a part of a series called Street Science. The different lines on the piece say:
This is your heart talking
business as usual
in love
I'm struggling
adrenaline rush
If your heart could speak, what would it say?


You can't see the true beauty of the photographs above and below in my pictures of them. They were absolutely stunning. They were part of a series on bees. In the one above, I love the sparkling, glistening honey. It is so rich. In the one below, I love the drip of honey rolling down the jar. It just creates beautiful movement in the still life that makes your mouth water and your hands feel sticky as if they were going to run up the side of the jar to clear the honey. 


The students here are so talented and I am so fortunate to be able to see such incredible art in the halls of the classrooms where I learn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment