Saturday, May 17, 2014

Frost Music Festival

After 8 hours of training for my summer job with Stanford Student Housing, I headed over to Frost Amphitheater for Frost Music Festival to see Yeasayer and Distpatch perform. 

Frost is a beautiful outdoor arena on campus. My parents went to go see Grateful Dead shows there. Actually, one of the Dispatch band members was also at Frost in 1986 to see a Grateful Dead show. Crazy, right?


Dispatch above!

Me, Taylor, and Maia! (below)


Dispatch again! We were really up close


Dispatch was awesome! It was so much fun. Yeasayer was amazing as well. I loved both!

Here is my favorite Dispatch song, "Two Coins,"*** if you are curious:

http://youtu.be/vJJB2pMF5zk (a live concert version, to see what they look like) or,
http://youtu.be/LpFXp7zvJV8 (a better idea of just the music)

Here are two other really popular and amazing ones as well:

http://youtu.be/15DfKJMByM8 (Here is "The General") (concert version)

http://youtu.be/jGxX7Mr-BQc (Here is "Flying Horses") (just the music)

***A note about "Two Coins:" I listened to it maybe 100 time in Ben's room during winter quarter :) Great song!

No comments:

Post a Comment